Sometimes it takes an overwhelming breakdown to get an undeniable breakthrough.
These last few days have been quite a rollercoaster of emotions, as I’m sure they have been for you too.
We just finished picking up the kids’ stuff from their school, making it a little more real, to settle into our new routine next week, because let’s be honest, I’m not cut out to homeschool and if I was, I’d be doing that now, so I’m very grateful for our teaching staff who’s putting their curriculum together and making this happen… and of course all of our medical staff and people that are still out there working to make the world still go right now.
There’s a lot of pain and fear happening and my heart goes out to everyone who’s experiencing this.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Everyone’s lives are being disrupted right now in some way or another. While this may not necessarily directly affect you, this virus can be problematic, even deadly for others. Let’s try to be compassionate and mindful while we move through this together.
- As someone who lives with anxiety, uncertainty sucks, but I also know every day is uncertain and we are all doing the best we can to move through this.
- One thing I tell my clients is, “If you’re going to eat ice cream, eat it and enjoy it, don’t feel guilty about it.” It’s about your energy, so that means it’s also taking the time to do the same thing while washing your hands– use this opportunity to be grateful and shift your energy, “I’m washing my hands to keep myself and others healthy,” not “I’m washing my hands because I’m scared.”
- Use this time to reflect and meditate. Are you at the job you want to be? Are you living your values and priorities? What do you want? Even though it can be hard, I always try to look at things from a perspective of, “What can I learn during this time?” or “How can I show up and give more, to my family, my clients, and my community…”
- Feel your emotions and release them. Allow yourself to scream, cry, and be frustrated if you need to, but let it out. I do this by meditation, exercising, and journaling… I’m going to go live every Monday at 4 PM CST on my FB page for a total body workout + cool down & meditation, you’re welcome to join me.
I don’t know when this will end, but I do know we will get through this… together.
I’m sending you so much love
If you need anything, please let me know.
Erica Hoese is a wife, mother of 3, fitness & wellness coach, nutrition club owner, natural figure competitor, speaker, and author based out of Minnesota. Her mission is to help 10,000 moms start their journey to fitness, fierceness, and fulfillment and create a life that’s fit for purpose… because you are more than just a mom and it’s time we find her– healthier, happier, and stronger!